Run Against Abuse
Participate by 12/31/2021(race date estimated)
Run Against Abuse Race Description
ARO's 1st Annual 5K Run/Walk
A Little About ARO:
Signup for our virtual race! We are raising awareness and support for Abuse Refuge Org, affectionally known as ARO. We created ARO based on the need for dramatic change in the Abuse Care Industry. I am Kelly Dehn, the National Executive Director and Co-Founder of ARO. We saw an opportunity to help those who are most in need of our future services within the "Abused Community". I was a living, breathing and walking example of an abused victim in every way imaginable. There are 7 major categories we are currently focused on to include: Narcissism, Sexual, Physical, Psychological, Financial, Child and Self-Abuse.
During my final struggles to hang on to life, I somehow realized that all I needed was a "Hand up" and not a "Hand out". With the grace of God, a few angelic souls valued my worth at a time I could barely see my own. And without even knowing it at the time, these angels helped me to create various methodologies that not only worked for me towards my healing, it also gave clarity and sight with the ability to finally look at me and to accept the truth about myself.
ARO is now a much larger effort and we are designed to pay forward the same help I received to others. We are raising $2 million through our grass roots efforts by the end of 2020. We will apply these donations, grants and other charity towards our infrastructure, hiring needs, and to salaries, equipment and corporate services. Simultaneously, we are currently building out a mental health platform to accommodate the professional staff, medical expertise and other mental hygienists. As we meet certain benchmarks, we will launch a series of pilot programs.
All of our services are free of charge to the victim. Keeping our services without cost to the victim, we find ourselves continually raising money. Once our organization grows beyond measure, as we currently have volunteers, interns and staff in over 20 countries, we will begin to allocate resources towards chapters and Executive Directorships through out the country.
Currently, the suicide rate is up beyond 900% in call volume since the inception of COVID-19. Victims find themselves sequestered with their tormentors without escape. Through your generous support we will be better able to continue our success in providing victims support during these critical times of need. If you are able to help...help! If you are able to donate...donate! If you find yourself in need of service or you have a friend who may need services, get involved! Although money is our number one objective insofar as infrastructure is concerned, we also look for pro bono and sponsored services to assist us along the way.
If you are a Sponsor, Corporation or a generous Philanthropist, please do not hesitate to make contact with us by emailing email@example.com.
- You'll compete with others from around the world all from the comfort of your own community.
- For all those interested in donating, supporting and participating with ARO, make sure you sign up for this fundraiser. To sign up to raise funds for ARO, request to have your own fundraising page sent to you. For the first 500 people in this race, if you donate in excess of $100, your registration will be waived.
- To learn more about who we are, go to AbuseRefuge.Org and support us by becoming a Volunteer or Intern. Making a donation is simple, click here to Donate Now!
We thank you in advance for your interest, support and involvement as we "Breathe life".
How does a virtual 5K work?
1. Register for the event.
2. Set aside time up until 12/31/2020 to run (to even include on a treadmill) or walk a 5K in your neighborhood (Due to COVID-19).
3. Run/walk the 5K! You got this! Make sure you track your run using an app like Runkeeper or any app which shows BOTH distance and time.
4. Submit your results (with photo evidence!) through this website to be placed on the leaderboard.
5. While you wait to see who are the top 3 finishers, advertise the event to your family and friends. We are counting on you to enjoy a great event along with us!
6) Go to the "Race Store" to order more swag for yourself, your friends or family!
7) Click HERE to join our Raffle!
8) Don't forget to post your pictures on Instagram and Facebook at: #AROTRIBE and #BREATHELIFE
Is there a prize for winning the race?
1st Price Winner- 1st Place Gold Medal, a Run Against Abuse Long Sleeve Shirt in black
2nd Prize Winner- 2nd Place Silver Medal, a Run Against Abuse Long Sleeve Shirt in black
3rd Prize Winner- 3rd Place Bronze Medal, a Run Against Abuse Long Sleeve Shirt in black
What are the raffle prizes?
The Grand Prize winner will receive a Hand Made Collage Crafted by Kelly Dehn, the Co-Founder and National Director of Abuse Refuge Org (Restrictions apply)!
2nd and 3rd drawing winners will receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card!
What is included in the registration?
Our registration fee includes the following:
- 3 Raffle Tickets that are automatically added into our raffle
- Participation in the 1st ARO 5K
- Stylish "Run Against Abuse 2020" Gray Commemorative T-Shirt
- Full Color "Race Against Abuse" Finisher Medal
- Fashionable ARO Headbuff Neck Gaiter
- Digital "Run Against Abuse" Race Bib
- Digital "Run Against Abuse" Race Certificate
Raffle tickets can be purchased in the link below!
- Location: Anywhere
- Race Date: 2020/12/31 03:15:00 PM (Thursday)
- 5K Run/Walk