Running Toward a Brighter Tomorrow is Atlas Youth Outreach's 1st annual Virtual 5K.
Atlas Youth Outreach is a 501(c)(3) located in Jefferson County, Missouri. Atlas Youth Outreach aims to create a safe place for adolescents living in Jefferson County, ages 13-18, to participate in therapeutic services. Atlas Youth Outreach strives to provide therapeutic, psycho-educational, and support groups that are relevant to the emotional and social growth of adolescents.
- The Virtual 5K is 3.1 mile walk, run, jog, hike, or bike. Registration for the 5K includes an Adult Size T-Shirt and a cotton drawstring bag.
- The Kids Run is a 1/4 mile walk, run, jog, hike, or bike. Registration for the Kids Run includes a Youth size T-Shirt.
- Between 12:00am on Friday, October 23 and 11:59pm on Sunday,October 25, run, walk, jog, or bike your race from wherever you are! Any and all forms of exercise are acceptable as long as they can be tracked via mobile app or fitness tracker.
- Track your progress as you complete the 5k! You're welcome to use any fitness mobile app or fitness tracker that you feel comfortable with, such as Runkeeper, Map My Run, or the included Health apps on your smartphone. Take plenty of pictures and videos as you complete the 5k. Post to social media and tag Atlas Youth Outreach @Atlas_Youth_Outreach on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and with the hashtag #AtlasVirtual5k for a chance to be featured on our social media pages throughout the 5k weekend! You can email pictures to email@example.com to be posted on our website and social media
- Before the 5k weekend officially ends at 11:59pm on Sunday, October 25, send a screenshot from your mobile app or fitness tracker of choice showing that you completed your 5k to Atlas Youth Outreach at firstname.lastname@example.org to posted in the results
- When submitting your 5k results, please include the following info in your email so we can recognize you for your hard work.
1.Your name, as you listed it on your 5k registration.
2. In which city & state did you complete your 5k in?
3. How you completed the 5k (did you run, jog, walk, etc.)
4.If you’d like to, include a picture of you after you complete the 5k! We’d love to feature some of our winners!
***Please follow all CDC guidelines and practice social distancing during this event.***