Walk for a Reason
Walk for a Reason Race Description
Montville Rotary Club, CT's Walk for a Reason 2020
The Montville Rotary Club, CT needs your help! The profits from our fundraising events able us to support our very active commitments locally and internationally.
During these socially distancing times, our fundraising events had to be canceled.
Come join us for a Walk/Run on (or before) Saturday, 6/6/2020.
Wherever you reside. Indoors or outdoors.
Please feel free to post a photo of yourself pre or post walk on our
Facebook Page. Montville Rotary Club CT
Your registration will help us fulfill our obligations to
our local and international projects.
Below is a list of where some of our funds go.
- Prepare and serve dinner to guests of the New London Homeless Hospitality Center.
- Deliver food boxes for Social Services to individuals in the community that are in need.
- Deliver Holiday food boxes in November and December to residents in need in the town of Montville.
- Our club provides, cooks and serves food to participants of Relay for Life in Norwich, CT for 24 hours.
- End Hunger -together with local Rotary Clubs we packaged over 8000 meals to be distributed in our region.
- Polio Plus -together with our partners we have nearly eradicated Polio worldwide. Currently there are only three countries that have reported cases of Polio. Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Nigeria.
- Student Awards and Scholarships
- Dictionaries are provided to every 3rd grade student in the town of Montville.
- Chikumbuso -sponsoring a child’s education through an amazing project developed to help women and orphaned children in Zambia, Africa.
- Location: Anywhere
- One Mile
- Three Mile
- Five Mile